Blue cheese is one of the most flavorful dressings and it quickly became one of the items I missed as I began my vegan journey. There is something about the tangy blue cheese flavor that made things from chicken wings to salads taste better. There had to be a way to recreate blue cheese dressing.
After several attempts, I have finally mastered the best tasting blue cheese dressing that is also vegan. In fact, this has become the new staple in my refrigerator and I try to keep a batch ready for family dinners.
- 1 cup vegenaise
- 1 tablespoon sesame tahini
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon juiced, fresh squeezed
- small slice firm tofu (adjust amount according to your preference)
- Mix vegenaise in a bowl with other ingredients except for the firm tofu
- Crumble the tofu into small pieces that resemble blue cheese chunks.